Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
No Mercy
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm gonna be changing my sparkplugs again soon, and I really don't want to buy OEM replacement breather hoses that go over the coil packs (the ones that you have to remove and replace to change the packs/plugs).

Does anyone know the internal diameter of these two hoses?

Thanks.

·
Registered
248 Posts
if the hose is still soft, you don't have to replace it. just remove it carefully. if you use an after market hose, i would suggest you get atleast a foot long so you can loop it. that's what i did untill the toyota dealer opened its doors the next day.

·
No Mercy
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately they're pretty brittle and cracked :(

I've gotta get replacements.

Anyone try a short length of aftermarket tubing?

tt4playn said:
if the hose is still soft, you don't have to replace it. just remove it carefully. if you use an after market hose, i would suggest you get atleast a foot long so you can loop it. that's what i did untill the toyota dealer opened its doors the next day.

·
SF.com Member #0000000023
1,219 Posts
What do you have against buying the OEM replacements?

mfh said:
Hi everyone,

I'm gonna be changing my sparkplugs again soon, and I really don't want to buy OEM replacement breather hoses that go over the coil packs (the ones that you have to remove and replace to change the packs/plugs).

Does anyone know the internal diameter of these two hoses?

Thanks.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I was able to use an aftermarket piece of tubing for the front tubes, but the rear tubes are too offset and too large to get a tube to fit there and seal. There's really no choice for the rear one, other than the Toyota piece.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts