Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
OMG. All those diamond boxes make me :drool:. I'm officially jealous. I want to get some diamond comps for my maxima. Did you get them from a Diamond Audio dealer?

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
I can't believe I've never heard about this stuff... is it extremely expensive???

Hey those aren't that expensive. How come you guys are jealous. I just looked at components on the net they're only like 170 o.0

·
Asian Sensation
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ocelot said:
OMG. All those diamond boxes make me :drool:. I'm officially jealous. I want to get some diamond comps for my maxima. Did you get them from a Diamond Audio dealer?
my friend is sponsored by them so he got me a mad hook up.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Diamond does make some excellent components sets, but they're nothing special ;) Now if we were talking Focal or Rainbow or the like ;) that's another story.

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
My whole setup is Diamond as well.

2 Hex componant sets with silk domes
D9 series amps. 2 total
D9 series 12" sub, just 1.

oh it sounds awesome!

S

·
0 Posts
Diamond is good, but in my custom truck I put Focal audio. Great sound quality, but $$$$$$$.

·
Asian Sensation
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Xenon Supra said:
Awesome. what kind of installation are you planning? fiberglass?
i'm thinking amp rack in the backseat area cover with a plexi window. Think we were talking about custom fiberglass for the 6.5 doors and custom fiberglass trunk. Not sure how i want the subs to look either flat or domed shape either way the targa has to fit no doubt.

i'm not a huge stereo buff friend just gets a SMOKING deal so i can't resist.

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
playb0i said:
i'm thinking amp rack in the backseat area cover with a plexi window. Think we were talking about custom fiberglass for the 6.5 doors and custom fiberglass trunk. Not sure how i want the subs to look either flat or domed shape either way the targa has to fit no doubt.

i'm not a huge stereo buff friend just gets a SMOKING deal so i can't resist.
care to share how much you paid? :D

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
#1SomeGuy said:
Diamond does make some excellent components sets, but they're nothing special ;) Now if we were talking Focal or Rainbow or the like ;) that's another story.
True, but IMO, Diamond delivers most of the sound while remaining affordable enough for most people.

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
This thread has inspired me to consider selling my weak ass Type X comps....

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
I got Diamond 6.5HEX ALums for awhile till the tweeters blew out by my 200watt rms x2 channel PPI amp. SO they sent me another one but this time I asked for the SILK tweeters..

I prefer the silks over the alums cause the alums are much harsher sounding.

;P Diamonds are the sh*t but focals and dynaudios are really nice too.. ;P

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
Deusdeceptor said:
I got Diamond 6.5HEX ALums for awhile till the tweeters blew out by my 200watt rms x2 channel PPI amp. SO they sent me another one but this time I asked for the SILK tweeters..

I prefer the silks over the alums cause the alums are much harsher sounding.

;P Diamonds are the sh*t but focals and dynaudios are really nice too.. ;P

Yeah thats the reason why i went with the Silks as well. Much softer and nicer sound IMO. I honestly like the diamond better then the focals, i guess it depends on the setup and how its tuned.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts