Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We share our experiences here daily. We find a mix of triumphs & failures, good mods & bad mods, good ideas & bad ones, guys who know their shi+, & those that don't, et al. We try to strike a balance of accepting the negative, while fully appreciating the positive; while for some of us, it's all good...or all bad.

Now that we've established perspective, here's some MkIII dark side [DS], light side [LS] for you.

DS: blowing a $4091 engine w/~35K miles on it to an AFPR
LS: only paid $1749 to fix it, then made over 360 reliable rwhp

DS: losing to a mustang with skinnies on the desolate frwy north of Carlsbad when I had bad knock sensors- that biatch owned me, him & his buddy laugh
LS: beating a modded purple/yellow anniv C5 on the empty 210-605N split no less than 5 times by many car lengths each time- the guy flipped me off, poor biatch, yet my face hurt from the grin

DS: having 2 clutches installed wrong by two different mechanics
LS: I do mine own now & they work, LOL

DS: losing the clutch on 25psi TO-4E & watching a Viper disappear at Vegas '02
LS: Dominic got the video of me crawling down the track to an ~18sec ET @ ~80mph, then posted it to the Internet

DS: having a flywheel left loose by the mechanic break 4 of 6 bolts 318 miles from home on the way to Vegas '00
LS: listening to the tow truck driver's sexual exploits for 318 miles, all the way home

DS: a stock MkIII that had cooling sys issues from day one
LS: a Koyo JZA-70 alum rad that solved what all brand new OEM parts couldn't

DS: an HK$ TO-4E installed in Aug, that began smoking bad in Dec
LS: an ITS TO-4E waiting for me to install the EMS/injectors

DS: failing smog on Mon
LS: passing smog on Wed; & my smog guy asking me about mods for his brand new STI, LOL

I could go on, but I'll stop now. These are just the ramblings of an old man.

Take care.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
i like your car :)

-joe :run:

·
25psi Bliss
1,448 Posts
I can share in the list of disappointing yet satisfactory testimonials too Lar'.
For instance:

DS: Now that's a wonderful experience to detroy a brand new set of six custom JE pistons within 1200 miles of an expensive motor rebuild. That's the consequence of running lean at 140mph - :).
LS: Screw piggybacks, An AEM EMS will be employed whenever the motor reincarnates.

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
DS: Tuning on the streets without gauges and detonating and destroying number 6 piston
LS: Live and learn, rebuilt 7m sitting on the stand with a lot of goodies that people are jealous of ;)
aight peace :run:
DS: Being new to the 7m word and not knowing waht you are doing
LS: A lot of friendly people that are there to help

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
DS: girl finds out that your Supra is "an old one"
LS: girl still screams in terror cause of the acceleration

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
ds: horrible tires, 7m trq loves to smoke them down!
ls: its a good thing simply because you kno you have POWA!

·
Now with less BHG...
409 Posts
DS: MKIII lifestyle tends to be an expensive one
LS: I love my car, even tho it's broke again

DS: Getting owned by an Eclipse (ouch!)
LS: Hit two buttons, own his arse hardcore (In boost we trust :D)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts