Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i am putting my Supra TT motor in my Lexus Sc300 common swap (anyways)

i dont have an IAC i cant find one, does the AEM need the IAC to run, or does it by pass it?

also is there anything that i dont need for the swap since i am using the AEM besides the stock computer?

any help is greatly appreciated

you can email me if you like [email protected]

or aol im me : unc1bensracing

·
SFOT 4 Pit Bulls
978 Posts
Do you mean the IAT, intake air temp sensor.. The AEM doesnt "need" it but I wouldnt do anything without it besides start it for a short time.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL no
u mean IAC

idle air control valve

my manifold did not come with one

and i cant find one

the aem comes with the IAT :)

thanks for the help tho

·
SFOT 4 Pit Bulls
978 Posts
wasnt sure, you were talking about the AEM and sometimes people get the 2 confused..

Call Curt Aigner or Dan @ Elmhurst Toyota 630.279.2265 He will get you the parts you need..

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i know i have been trying to find a used one the part is 280 bucks! it sounds like i have to fork iot out tho

·
SFOT 4 Pit Bulls
978 Posts
95sc300 said:
yeah i know i have been trying to find a used one the part is 280 bucks! it sounds like i have to fork iot out tho
Even from them... damn.. didnt think it was that much..

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
your telling me ;)

·
Registered
855 Posts
I'd definately try to find one and put it on. The AEM uses the IAC to control idle. I'm not sure how well the engine will run without it. You might end up stalling like crazy. :D

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
you can run the aem with out the IACV (i did )it was a little touchy but it will work.

best to post at the aem forums about this for more help also there is lots of info on running the aem with out IACV over there.

im back to the IACV

if you need some help hit me up on aim or send me an email ..

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I had to replace mine last year. Sometimes they go bad, so you might as well just bite the bullet and get a new one.

S

·
0 Posts
I got one from a NA dunno if its the same. If someone has the number off theres then I will check to see if its the same. You can have it for way less than 280 shipped.

David

1 - 11 of 11 Posts