Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:dunno: Ive never heard of a 4 mil mhg... I would think that is way too thick... But there is a supra for sale that the owner claims has a 4mm HKS in it... Just wondering if they really made them that thick, and why would you ever want to put one in that thick?

Jake

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you dont think they ever manufactured a 4mil?

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
ask trent, or wait till be chimes in. someone asked a question like this before. i think he said something they made like 3.4mm or something a long time ago. not sure tho so dont quote me on this one.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
there was a thread about this not too long ago that got locked. trent said that HKS never made a 4mm hg but i cant recall exactly how thick the thickest one was.

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
just for the hell of it....

i have a 4mm hks bead type gasket to go on mine... reason = with a 2mm my compression is 9.4:1.. and loveeeeeee low compression ;) + = more boost and less detonation prone

measured with a micrometer yesterday :)

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
HKS may still very well make them in Japan, but there isn't a part# in the HKS USA master catalog for it. You may still be able to have it special ordered, but I've never ordered one or heard of someone wanting one. The biggest one they currently make and can regularly bring over from Japan for us is 3mm.

If someone claims they have a 4mm, they bought it from somewhere. Find out who or where and get a receipt or a part# or something. Hell pick up the phone and call HKS USA and see if they can locate one or if they have any more info for you on it.

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
i'll find out from the guy that i bought it from where he got it and if he has a part number or something :)

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
lol 4mm head gasket is crazy lol. i never thought they would make a hg that thick but, it is pretty cool

1 - 10 of 10 Posts