Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had turbos replaced, and second turbo wouldn't come one . Now turbo pressure won't go up and smoke pours out.

·
1,522 Posts
supra33 said:
I had turbos replaced, and second turbo wouldn't come one . Now turbo pressure won't go up and smoke pours out.
hmm.....does it make any strange sounds? Check to see that your Mass Air Flow meter is connected. Also, you might just have a boost leak.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no strange sound, I have blown the mass air flow meter before and this is different. It runs fine until you push the gas where boost should come on and the boost control will go to 1.5 and then to 0 and a big big smoke screen.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it in TTC or sequential? Do you have oil in your intercooler pipes/BOV? If so then:(

·
No Mercy
387 Posts
Check all your intercooler pipes for leaks. Some leaks only show themselves past certain levels of boost. Check all the pipes, even the ones behind fender liners, etc.

I had one like this on my upper output pipe (the one you can see under the hood from the turbo), and it would split open at .7 bar or so, but hold boost fine underneath that threshold. When it started leaking at .7+ it would exhibit symptoms similar to yours.

Anyway, good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts