Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally joined the Supra club a couple weeks ago when I picked up my 1992 teal, turbocharged, and sunroofed beast. It was made in July of 1992 (one of the last?) and I've only seen a few of the teals, and even less of the sunroofs. Oh yeah, I paid $5,500 and I just turned 82K miles.

the only downside so far is that it's an auto (meh, that might change), it burns oil (half quart every 1000 miles), and the paint is oxidizing pretty bad on the roof, front clip, and starting on the hood.

pics:

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Beutifull car, and i'd say that was a great buy! BTW, Bishop92t might be able to help you with that question.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ckanderson said:
Beutifull car, and i'd say that was a great buy! BTW, Bishop92t might be able to help you with that question.
it's funny you mention that, as i've had pics of his car on my computer for a couple months while i was searching for one and i just found these forums. I also saw one almost identical to the one i bought with a targa but it had 130K miles and the dealer wanted 10 grand for it. i told him to fuck off.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
mmm.... Teal.

I want this one:

G

·
Nice one, there is some girl around here driving the exact teal-auto-black leather '92 MKIII......kinda strange knowing I've now seen at least 5 of these '92's, on here and 3 in person. Nice find, rub it and love it!

G.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
I've never seen one in real life... only 3 on the internet... I love it ;)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well.. i have a 92.. but its a parts car. :p

·
20G Boostin'
1,676 Posts
Total units sold by year:
'86.5 - 33,283
'87 - 29,907
'88 - 19,596
'89 - 14,544
'90 - 6,419
'91 - 3,623
'92 - 1,193

so yah, its somewhat rare, compared to other years... nice buy!

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
Also the fact that it's a Teal Turbo Hardtop which were only made 91-92. The automatic kinda sucks though.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jeff Lange said:
Also the fact that it's a Teal Turbo Hardtop which were only made 91-92. The automatic kinda sucks though.
what REALLY sucks is that of the two in my area (i drove 180 miles to pick it up, the other was 5 miles from my house) they were both autos. again, that can be remedied.

·
b00st junkie
433 Posts
yeah, yours is pretty rare. Its turbo, not targa, teal (only offered for 2 years) and appears to be in near perfect condition. Add those up, and you have a pretty rare mkIII. Sounds like you got a good deal to me.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
Love the interior..

seems like the 91 and up colors (blue and teal) seem to be pretty rare.. of course only ~5K sold total in those years ;D

1 - 20 of 54 Posts