Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was reading the NA-T install and it said to attach the maf to the turbo. What I did was left the maf in stock location and where the filter went I just connected an intercooler pipe to it then connected the other end to the intercooler. I just add a filter to the front of the turbo compression housing and left it. Is this wrong? Should I go and connect the maf to the front of the turbo? The car starts fine but I have not driven it. Please let me know ASAP. Thanks

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will try to get them up ASAP. But for right now, just imagine and after market intake on a NA supra but instead of having a filter in front of the MAF it is connected to the intercooler. Hope this helps.

·
TE44 NA-T
1,026 Posts
So you have it blow through setup? Is the MAF inline with the intercooler piping going into the intake? That should be fine.

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah the maf is inline with the intercooler piping going into the the intake. I have the blow off valve just befor the MAF though. Is this going to be a problem?

·
TE44 NA-T
1,026 Posts
If it's before the MAF it shouldn't be a problem. Unless, maybe if they're too close together. Only way to find out is to drive it.

·
TE44 NA-T
1,026 Posts
Yeah, there's a couple of people on this board doing it.

MattKIV for example. You could probably P.M. him if you have anymore questions.

·
Torturing a W58...
260 Posts
Make sure you have at least 6" of straight pipe before the MAF or you may have metering and drivability problems due to turbulent air.

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dont do the blow through setup. My car was having alot of problems. I switch it to the more traditional setup "MAF attached to turbo". Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was running a blowthrough but ended up having too many problems with the idle and acceleration. Our karmann MAFs cannot take the extra turbulance created by the turbo and they end up reading the air flow wrong, by up to a 30% difference. This makes the car run rich at idle (loping idle) and goes lean at throttle (MAF maxes out before you see full throttle).

So I wouldn't suggest doing this setup unlees you have a newer car with a hotwire MAF, but then you can only run low boost.

·
turbo lexus pile
488 Posts
i have blow through also...havent run the car yet so i guess ill find out what its like. i hope it works...dont wanna change stuff around unless i have to. would a lexus V8 maf work better for blow through?

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
NO, because I have the lexus v8 maf in the blow through setup and it still did not work. Save yourself the trouble and just change it or else you will think its a leak somewhere in your vac or intercooler pipes and waste time looking for it. Let me know if you get it though. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts