Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I pulled the car in the garage and got out and could hear a major air leak, so I poped the hood and tracked down the hose (it was hooked at both ends) which was barely hooked at one end. I then decided to make sure all the hoses I could find were hooked properly and found 1 that was not hooked at one end and I had no clue where it should go but I did find a spot right next to the one I just seated and I was hoping that someone could verify that I hooked it to the right spot. I took some pics of the hose in question. Another thing I wanted to mention was that last week I did an oil change and it is possible I knocked this hose loose while changing the oil filter because after I changed the oil I started the car and let it warm up and then got in it to drive to town and cycled through the gauges to reset the max read values and the temp guage had read to the max of 12 at some point while idling. Yesterday was when I found the unhooked hose and this morning I started the car and left it runing a few minutes while I went back in the house to get a few things and while driving down the road I cycled through the gauges and once again the exhaust temp guage had at some point read the max on it....does anyone know what could be causing this and do you think it is safe to drive it. I drove it 20 miles and it never read above 7 and only 7 when at full boost for a couple of seconds. Thanks for any help and I am sorry for my ignorace on this. Here are the pics

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
That is the vacuum line from your power steering pump which indeed goes to the intake manifold. It will whistle real loud if its loose. Looks like you have it connected properly.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that hose isnt hooked to the power steering pump, starts at the top of the manifold and ends at a y near the top pulley, which has another hose runing out of it.

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
redline_or_nothing said:
that hose isnt hooked to the power steering pump, starts at the top of the manifold and ends at a y near the top pulley, which has another hose runing out of it.
And the Y is attached to the pump I believe. There is another line that runs right next to it.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think youre right, I didnt track down the other hose but ill look at it and see. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it. I dont see how that hose could have had anything to do with the temp guage reading, what would cause that? If you can help on that, I appreciate it because I cant really afford to take it to mechanic right now (just had to spend $120 today for realignment and turning rotors). Thanks again.

·
Registered
934 Posts
i'd think the side-affect is leaner AFR and unstable idle. maybe this is overheating ur car already if ur AFR is already kinda lean.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The idle did go down from 1000rpm to around 600rpm after I hooked the hose back but it still did the max reading deal. The afr's are hard to tell because it is runing extremely rich and still read "rich" when making boost when the hose was off. I have deffinately got to get it tuned but I am thinking of putting a sp67 to replace my sp63, so I will wait untill then and I can live with it running rich, it still is able to idle fairly smooth and only hesitates a tad if you try to take off without giving it modereate fuel. Thanks for all your help guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts