Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1jz killer
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i capped off the little tube that is near the throttle body, i used the na pcv tube to combine the 2 pcv holes into one and ran a hose from that to the catch can, the other hose i ran to the accordian pipe, but i dont know why i have to do this, can i just cap off the hole at the accordian pipe and leave the other hose from the catch can hanging somewhere to dump the pcv oil? i been notcing my car stallin latly since i put the catch can on like this but i dont know if its a boost leak or what.

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
i did the same thing. from what i was told... thats right!

make sure its sealed well where it goes into the accordian pipe! otheriwse u can cap off the accordian and run a hose with a breather to some other location in the car!

S

·
0 Posts
UberSupra.com said:
Same setup as mine but I only have temporary stalling problems if I pull the ground on my battery.
I hope you don't mean pull the negative cable off your battery
while the car is running. :eek:

·
Certified Supra Nut :P
2,001 Posts
you need to hook the other line up to the accordion hose. If you don't, you'll end up loosing power and economy. The PVC system is there for a reason. It's especial important on a turbo car. The reason why is that pressure will build up in the crankcase, the PCV system will evacuate that pressure. The small amount of vacuum that is created in the accordion hose helps dramatically to keep this pressure evacuated.

The catch can serves as a condensing unit to keep the intake tract clean. Hot oil vapors from the crankcase condense into liquid oil inside the catch can. The liquid oil can then be drained periodically. The return line to the accordion hose still retains the vacuum to evacuate the crankcase though, and all you emissions equipment is still functional.

·
Just some guy
1,681 Posts
I've been running my PCV into a can (coca cola) and capped off the accordian forever and have had no problems.

Christian

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
since the design is a push pull i would run to the t'body AND to the accordian hose but thats just me. i would atleast run it to the accordian hose to help pull thru the vapor.
i know some ppl run one side of the catch can open atmosphere w/ a breather filter. you can do it this way too but it can leave a fine oily mist on everything and wont pull the vapor thru as well. will it work w/ the t'body capped? yes. will it work w/ the accordian hose capped and run open atm? yes. will it work as well? probably not.
mine is pretty much like stock except the catch can is connected b/w the t'body and the accordian hose.

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
i'm of the opinion that running it pre-turbo is the best want to go as the compressor is going to provide constant vacuum on the crankcase, helping your rings seal, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts