Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
In front of you
294 Posts
Damn, that's a nice number you hit. Sadly, cannot say for sure if that is the best or not. Anyway, the stock cams are said to max out at around 700rwhp , so that's a good result ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ara did 750 at the wheels a long time ago on a T78, but he did have a different intake manifold. Motor was completely stock and untouched, right down to stock cam gears.

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
Wow! Very good horsepower Travis! You can see that you are really reaching the maximum efficiency of the cams at higher RPMs where your torque and HP drop very fast. Really nice curves other than that. What were the AF ratios? How do you like the turbo on the street?

-Olivier

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
kind of off topic, but what is your rev limit set at? Looks like 7800rpm from the graphs. Is this safe to do with no headwork?

carlo

·
Registered
353 Posts
Matt Miller made 753rwhp on the stock head/cams - no nitrous.

-m

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
Marcus Frost said:
Matt Miller made 753rwhp on the stock head/cams - no nitrous.

-m
Correction. Matt made 698 on stock head/cams, 753 on 264 cams. It's in in sig! :D

-Olivier

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Re: Re: Did i just set the record for stock cams/head no nitrous RWHP!?!

CTC67H would be the GTQ .68 I believe.

Gotta love those RPS headers representing :).

racing fan said:
Congrats... .81 hot side?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Vivek also has a stock computer.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Well, stock computer is just as good as saying 'untuned' because the car would be dangerously lean or detonating from too much timing.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I made 718 RWHP SAE.
Stock engine top to bottom.

·
Registered
575 Posts
silvino said:
Well, stock computer is just as good as saying 'untuned' because the car would be dangerously lean or detonating from too much timing.
Huh? Are you kidding?

Big enough injectors and proper open loop tuning with a piggyback controller and it won't be lean. Enough octane and you wouldn't even see timing pulled on a stock ECU. The stock ECU is VERY good at avoiding detonation as long as you don't run insane boost for the octane. Its signal processing is lots better than an amplitutude based approach like the AEM.

Edit: Just took another look at the dyno graph and it says SAFC/VPC/G-Force. I've heard some G-Force ECUs have reduced timing but many (like mine) only have a raised rev limit and boost/speed cuts removed. It's a very smooth graph and certainly doesn't look like any detonation was occuring.

Mike

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I am saying it COULD be this and that. Saying untuned doesn't mean for sure that you'd gain much or saying stock ecu doesn't mean for sure that you'd gain much from a stand alone (peak power wise). The reason I say this is that most of the time once people slap on a wideband or a way to measure timing, they realize that they're getting lean or knock and they didn't know it, that's all.

Mike_Austin said:
Huh? Are you kidding?

Big enough injectors and proper open loop tuning with a piggyback controller and it won't be lean. Enough octane and you wouldn't even see timing pulled on a stock ECU. The stock ECU is VERY good at avoiding detonation as long as you don't run insane boost for the octane. Its signal processing is lots better than an amplitutude based approach like the AEM.

Edit: Just took another look at the dyno graph and it says SAFC/VPC/G-Force. I've heard some G-Force ECUs have reduced timing but many (like mine) only have a raised rev limit and boost/speed cuts removed. It's a very smooth graph and certainly doesn't look like any detonation was occuring.

Mike

B

·
0 Posts
travis, your car is putting out outstanding numbers as always.

cant wait till you work it a bit more ;)

·
1000hp thanks to SP
598 Posts
Now get some 264s and make another 50+whp

Greg

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
Travis congrats. You better go 140mph now:) Did you see my NHRA thread under Drag Racing?

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Do you happen to have a dynosheet with a a/f curve on it? It would be very interesting to see what the fuel was doing. Congrats on the numbers.

Later

1 - 20 of 41 Posts