Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that this caliper is $200 BRAND NEW?! Well I just found out, now waiting for someone to fit these on a Supra.

ZO6 6 pots btw

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
That would be the BBK upgrade of the millenium for a bunch of different autos.

It's weird how some of these brake systems transfer over. Certain year Porsche 911 calipers bolt up to certain Volvos.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Just so you know those brakes are terrible on the track. Had a set on our Z06 and they faded after 3 laps!!! people also had problems with cracking rotors I think? The 6 piston's concept was just a GM ploy. The 6 pistons are too small to do any good. Although they may be just fine on the street..

·
Banned
497 Posts
Just so you know those brakes are terrible on the track. Had a set on our Z06 and they faded after 3 laps!!! people also had problems with cracking rotors I think? The 6 piston's concept was just a GM ploy. The 6 pistons are too small to do any good. Although they may be just fine on the street..
WERD, I hear the Hummer H2 stops faster than a C6 Z06.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I hear its the pads that are the problem.

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
1. The C6 Z06 rotors are to blame for the cracking. The walls on the rotor are too thin. GM's main focus on the car was power to weight, so they litterally cut too close on the rotors.....and the roofs.

2. I am sure the calipers are quite powerful by todays standards. Though larger 6 piston caliper units can be had they are quite expensive. If this price ($200) is true I am willing to say this will be a next "cheap upgrade" for other folks on here.

I really like the idea, but where is the calipers for sale online or anywhere for $200?

Maybe the C5 calipers, but I am not seeing the C6 calipers.

-Jonathan

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im pretty sure that its $200 a piece at the dealership. And also, I think stoptech does make a rotor in 5x114.3 that is the standard ZO6 rotor size. All it needs is some brackets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts