Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i had shop replace one of my front wheel bearings and they didnt use a torque wrench when putting it back together. The guy said he use an impact gun and said it willl be fine. Im thinking its to tight because now the new wheel bearing doesnt spin as free as my other side. Will it break in and free up a little bit. I really dont feel like taking all shit apart again. Can anyone give me some insight on this matter. Ohh he did tap and punch the nut on like he was suppose to

·
Registered
95 Posts
As I posted in your other thread, the same thing happened to me. And, I torqued it the correct specs. I would highly doubt that he could stretch the hub assembly shaft or compress the races on those bearings. Since you have to press the bearings on flush against the hub itself, there's really no chance of putting it in a bind. I guess anything is possible though. But anyway, how about you take it around the block a few times and see if the outer seal loosens up alittle? The wheel is definity not going to fall off, don't expect it to move as freely as an 13-18 year old hub assembly.

Jeremy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts