Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im on my way to rehab this morning when I pass a 03-03 hemi ram with the big chrome wheels, of course it has the two big 3" chrome exhaust tips hanging out under the back bumper. I pass by and give him a nod because the truck did look good for a dodge. I pass him and keep on my way. About 2-3 miles down the road he pulls up next me revs them motor and burns out when the light goes green. I’m like What the Fuck im trying to eat a sausage and egg biscuit and Mr. redneck over here just burned out on me. So I gas it, or should I say diesel it ;) and slowly start to catch him. Due to traffic it take about 5 miles when we can line up again. This time im ready for him, As I slow down I slide the shifter into 4hi then roll to a stop. I look over and he is staring right at me. He revs the motor which sounded like a cross between a flow master and ass. I nod back at him and he starts shaking his like a bobble doll and turns his hat around backwards. I slide my shifter into N and pump the brake 3 times which will let the brake peddle go all the way to the floor then I slide it back into drive and slowly start building boost. The PTO trans will let the truck stall at 2800 rpms and a lot of boost. (no boost gauge) The light goes green I let off the brake get a chip from the front two tires and immediately jump 2 truck ahead of him, shift to second and slowly start to pull, mid way thought second I reach over with my left hand because I have a country ham biscuit in my right hand now and switch it out of 4x4 which did not sound healthy, top of second im 2.5 - 3 trucks ahead of them, top of 3ed or drive for me im still about 3 trucks ahead but he is slowly walking up on me. shift into fourth and I slowly start to make my ground back up when ford shuts off the fun at a indicated 97mph. I don’t think I could have gone a lot faster any way, at 97mph it turning 2700 rpms and redlines at 3000.

Anyway he passed me at the end and shot me the big birdie... I guess he didn’t like getting schooled by a F250 Crew cab.

I know if I had not cheated and launched in 4Hi I would have lost. The diesel do this cool trick of smoking the tires for ever when you launch them on full boost. Its almost as bad as doing it a auto bpu car in the rain.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no its 2000, 7.4, auto, 4x4, with 373 gears and lot of miles. turned over 9700 this morning. I would liek to have a new 6.0 crew cab, black with the sport package, trail ready bumper, 15,000lb winch, 6" lift and 36" swamper, 4:56 gears, 5" bully dog exhaust, propane kit, and the computer chip.... but im dreaming.....

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i have racked the miles up on it over the years... if i went by fords service manual it would almost be time for a oil change!

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
"He revs the motor which sounded like a cross between a flow master and ass." haha :smile:

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys, i thought you might get a kick out of it. It not like the truck is fast or anything. Now that i think about it i should have tossed my country ham biscuit at him when he passed me. SPLAAT right on the windshild see how his wipers liked that.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,237 Posts
"country ham biscuit " hhahahahahaah that's the best part hahahah oh man nice kill haha

·
Registered
886 Posts
Nice kill.... ya know if you were only doing short distances, 4lo is the way to go. I pull the same trick in my 4x4 chevy... nothing like 4.86 gearing and all 4 wheel pulling from a stop light.... to about 40mph anyways :D

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
we did 4lo launch one time, with the boost of the diesel the trans does not shift fast enough.

·
Lord of 10 lbs
403 Posts
next time roll your window down and say "That thing got a hemi?" :tongue:

LOL good idea to toss the preferred breakfast choice at him next time!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts