Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about replacing the old diff bushing and adding the second one on the right side.

Problem is, my mount has a tiny little crack that showed up within the last year or so.

I'm taking the car to a shop to do the bushings, but while they're at it, would yall recommend asking for them to weld the crack or find a replacement? I'll be going NA-T in the near future and I'll be pushing the w58 til it goes, but I don't want the diff to just fall off randomly
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Alloy wheel Locking hubs

· Registered
1,987 Posts
I'd just get it welded up. After you blow up the W58, if you go for more power, I'd probably replace or at least have the subframe inspected.

· Smith & Wesson Member
1,024 Posts
Inspect your subframe, very unusual for it to be cracked, for a street car.

I would just weld it up.

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll take a deeper look at the subframe. Car is from Japan, has mild surface rust in many places, but nothing seemed concerning from what I've seen. Car does have almost 150k miles, and I've only owned it for 2 years, so tbh I could have just missed the crack during previous 'inspections' I've done.

Sounds like for the time being I'll just get it welded. I'll try to get some info on swapping in an AR5 in the future, if possible. Haven't yet seen much info on ar5 on rhd cars, so I hope I'm not wasting my time.

· Registered
1993 JDM 5spd SZ hardtop in 202 blek.
661 Posts
I have seen subframes crack in this exact spot before. Not highly modified examples either. I wonder if it's a thing with the JDM cars? 🤷‍♂️

Either way, I'd just weld it up and move on.

· Super Moderator
14,017 Posts
I have seen subframes crack in this exact spot before. Not highly modified examples either. I wonder if it's a thing with the JDM cars? 🤷‍♂️

Either way, I'd just weld it up and move on.
Me too. It's usually NA cars that only have the one diff bushing, and it's almost always in that exact same spot. Just wire wheel it clean, weld it up, and move on. Not a serious thing.

Reactions: carsebuco
1 - 9 of 9 Posts