Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if an auto shim will work on a 6spd pinion? I think the OD of the auto pinion is smaller. Can anyone confirm.

·
Registered
9,669 Posts
PHR has a shim kit since they have been D/C.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A pinion shim kit. I knew of a side shim kit didn't know pinion. Thanks Jason

·
Registered
9,669 Posts
Sorry, just saw diff shim and didn't even read anything but the title. Ill dig around tomorrow and see what I have. I have quite a few old diffs sitting around

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Prob is I'm needing a thicker shim that isn't offered like a 2.3. Any suggestions on how I can get around that. I need to move this pinion forward or adjust something else back so I'm kinda at a loss why it's out that much.

·
Registered
9,669 Posts
Prob is I'm needing a thicker shim that isn't offered like a 2.3. Any suggestions on how I can get around that. I need to move this pinion forward or adjust something else back so I'm kinda at a loss why it's out that much.
Nothing other than having a custom shim made....which would cost quite a bit. Have you had the diff apart before?

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im gonna check the measurement again and start fresh. Late past couple of nights I think I took the measurement wrong.

·
JZA80 > JZA70
1,810 Posts
yes the pinion shim is different, with the auto pinion shaft, and bearing is significantly smaller than the 6 speed if you need help please pm me, to see what you have going on so i can try and help you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts