Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
What You Know About That
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
besides the obvious (pre '97 has black background while the '97-'98s have a silver one) is there any difference between the bulbs, etc? are the '97-'98 bulbs L.E.D.s?? and are the amber lights the same size as the clear/reverse lights? i was hoping to buy another pair of tailights and just swapping out the amber with the clear to get the W-R-R-W look.

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
i think there the same when i switched mine out I plugged in mine like i unplugged them from the originals. so yes i think they are all the same.

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
sorry didnt really know how to put it

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
no not right now but i am sure i can find one at home and then i will pm you with it.

·
Registered
892 Posts
As promised here's a few pictures I just snapped.

If you want to see the picture in full 1600x1200 resolution, just open the picture you want to view in a new window and add *.orig.jpg* to the end of the URL of the picture.
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Brandon

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
Very good Midnight Hour, I like that on 97-98 taillights with clear signal lens... I believe you bought it from the company since your each taillight has two red rings since OEM only made one... :)

You probably know mine custom '95 taillight with clear signal lens...

·
What You Know About That
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Midnight Hour & DragRacingSupra....nice taillights, now a question to both of u. aren't the 97-98 bulbs different than the 93-96? cuz i've seen some supras with taillights that don't light up like mine do??

·
What You Know About That
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
also, can the 97-98 tailight bulbs fit in the same slots in the 93-96 taillights. see i have a 94 and i was thinking about doing the swap but i plan on keeping my black housing (black area aroung taillights) instead of the gray one becausem y car is black. Any suggestions?? Thanks

·
Registered
892 Posts
I can honestly say that everyone I know personally likes the dark grey of the '98 lights on my black car better than with the black housing. However, it's all personal opinion. I honestly couldn't tell you if the harness/bulbs froma '94 fit the '98 housing because I used the front/back lense from the '94 lights I had and just dropped in the '98 internals with the modded turn signals. Wish I could help you there.

·
What You Know About That
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so Midnight Hour, u purchased a pair of used 98 taillights and just swapped out the 94 reverse lens cover(??) for the 98 amber? did u also switch any of the reds by chance? i think i mite just end up doing the same as you. Thanks for the replies.

P.S. wen i get around to buying a pair, u think u can help me with any questions i mite have?

·
Registered
892 Posts
SupraDupra_17 said:
so Midnight Hour, u purchased a pair of used 98 taillights and just swapped out the 94 reverse lens cover(??) for the 98 amber? did u also switch any of the reds by chance? i think i mite just end up doing the same as you. Thanks for the replies.

P.S. wen i get around to buying a pair, u think u can help me with any questions i mite have?
Yep. The '94 lights that came on my car were in great shape. The used '98 lights i purchased had the clear external lenses in horrible shape. So when I opened up the tail lights to switch my external lenses from the '94's over to the '98's, I decided to just take the reverse lights out of the '94's and put them in place of the '98 amber turn signals. It's a pretty straight forward swap but if you need any help, PM/E-mail me or just hit me up on AIM. My screen name is FalseEssence.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.