Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello..

Im currently looking at some Supra's, and I've realized that many 93' MK4 Supra's are A LOT cheaper than 94' MK4 Supra's .. And I was therefore wondering if there was any major differences between theese two years..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, thanks for your fast replies! :)

As Im living in norway, the import fee's here is enormous..

But do you know the answer to why many of the 93's are so cheap, at least they were, where I looked..

·
Banned
770 Posts
93.5 technically a 94. My supra was manufacture in Aug 1993 and I know other makers had their 94 model made around my 93.5 was made.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I doubt you looked at enough 4 sale Supras otherwise you'd already see that the difference in price is based on condition and mods, 6sp vs auto, not 93.5 or 94 ...or 95.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have owned both also, no difference, BUT, heres a bit of weirdness for ya, on my 93 (93 1/2) the part numbers on the factory wastegate was different than the part numbers on my 94? Very strange?
I talked to Vinny (Tenn) about this back in 97, and he told me that he too found the same differences in the numbers on some crashed cars he was parting out, but wasn't sure if there was any major difference.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks again for all your replies :)

I could just ask now as well, if you guys know any good internet sites where they sell used cars in USA, England or Germany etc.. Thanks again :)

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
Are you looking at importing a US/European model or a Japanese model? If Japanese they didn't get the big brakes on the turbo's until 1995.

Dan.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im currently looking for both, but I would prefer the US/Euro model, cause of the left-hand drive.

·
Registered
558 Posts
The Major difference is One was built a year before the other

Hope that helps...

Just my 02...

·
Mr. Brightside
737 Posts
the 93.5's are better ;)

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
nine9sH said:
do 93s have air bags on passenger also? just curious cuz i know after 94 it was standard on all cars i believe
Pretty sure all USDM have dual airbags, luckily for us JDM's we don't :)

JDM early non-airbag wheel is awesome, and having two gloveboxes kicks the shit out of passenger airbag :)

Dan.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts