Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is any diffence in the A/C Systems? I heard once upon a time that the lines were different? Can anyone validate this? Thanks

·
***** White Lover
503 Posts
Yup. The ac lines have changed for 97-98.

My previous 97 ac went out. The part to blame was my J Tube that mounts to the evaporator. Parts Dept orders the part. Part arrives and mechanic reports(guess what?) that the part does not fit cause he can not get the lines to bolt up to my new J Tube.

Recieve a phone call from my service rep stating the problem and the solution was to retrofit 93-95 lines into my 97 RSP!!! Not to mention the 1100+ install cost blah blah blah.

Immediately I give Curt at Elmhurst Toyota Scion and he was like what the crap?? He does his research, calls me up and tells me that they ordered the wrong J Tube. They ordered the 93-95 J Tube cause the 97-98 J Tube was not orderable(sp?) Anyways, car sits for 2wks with car cover on it at the dealership waiting for the correct part from Japan to arrive.

I was so happy to deliever the part myself (THANKS CURT!!) to my Service rep and his jaw drops as we compare my busted old J Tube to the new part from Japan and the match exactly. Lines bolt up in a snap.

End of story, yes, the ac lines between 93-95 and 97-98 are a bit different. Dont go out and get 93-95 lines and expect them to bolt up to your 97-98 J Tube cause the fittings have changed.

Hope this helps a bit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts