Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I am looking to pick up an easy to use HKS ebc and have seen people mentione the EVC EZ, EVC EZ II, EVC V, EVC, and so on. What's the difference between all of them and is there a page that has all the differences listed?

Thanks

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,447 Posts
The EVC EZ was the first, EVC EZ 2 is the second generation, the EVC 5 is the EVC 2 with a display unit.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are the main differences between the EZ and EZ 2. Also do they have any kind of a display at all or do you tune via the dial and monitor the boost via a boost gague.

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,447 Posts
Ascari_2 said:
What are the main differences between the EZ and EZ 2. Also do they have any kind of a display at all or do you tune via the dial and monitor the boost via a boost gague.
I believe there is a slightly newer stepping motor, however the original does a great job. There is no reason to shy away from getting the first generation.

Both the original EVC EZ and EVC EZ II require a boost gauge. The EVC5 display has a boost guage display that reads boost to you, therefore not requiring you to buy a gauge separately. I own an EVC5 and love it, I recommend you spend the extra money and never look back. And this is coming from someone on a tight budget who shops around for the best deals.. Easily one of my top 3 mods. :run:

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about the earlier EVCs. I see some on egay being sold for ~$200

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,447 Posts
MDSuPeRStAr said:
I believe there is a slightly newer stepping motor, however the original does a great job. There is no reason to shy away from getting the first generation.
The first generation ones do the job just fine. :run:

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I just won the auction for the EVC IV, should be enough for my goals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts