Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
so whats the difference between the two?
I don't own either pulley, but have read about both of them in the event I purchase one in the near future.

From what I've read, it's appears the differences are mostly cosmetic and that the Titan pulley underdrives (could be mistaken so correct me if I'm incorrect) - the BL piece uses the stock Toyota belt.

Quote taken from MVP's website about the Boost Logic Crank Pulley
"The stock harmonic dampener cracks because the stock hub is made out of aluminum. Boost Logic fixed this problem by making the hub out of steel. This CNC'd unit, unlike the stock one, will NEVER crack. The outer pulley is made of lightweight aluminum. What's even better is that it is SFI approved, fully dampened, and is lighter than stock. The stock unit weighs in at 7.25lbs while this unit weighs 5.75lbs; a 20.68% reduction of rotating mass. The best part is that it also uses the STOCK belt while other SFI approved dampeners require a different belt."

Quote taken from MVP's website about the Titan Motorsports Crank Pulley
"Titan makes the only NHRA sport compact SFI approved and dampened crankshaft pulley available for your Supra. Proven on the 9 second Titan gutted trailer car! Even though Titan has no street car to test it on, it has been proven by others to work perfectly on a street car and helps eliminate the cracking associated with the factory pulley on BPU and more powerful cars."

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
The titan is also a crank pulley only, while the Boost Logic still has a harmonic balancer like the stock as far as I recall. Wouldnt' put a solid pully on a stock engine.

Dan.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i wouldn't put a solid pulley on any street engine - there is ATI balancer also, i have one

the belt needs to be 10mm longer as it is slightly larger diameter hence drives accessories slightly faster

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
rewindspline said:
i wouldn't put a solid pulley on any street engine - there is ATI balancer also, i have one

the belt needs to be 10mm longer as it is slightly larger diameter hence drives accessories slightly faster
there both
Harmonic Balancers
the titan one does need a larger belt and fyi the titan one is the same as the ATI ONE ;)

i run the boostlogic one .I know many others who do as well and like theres at the same time i know just as many people who run the titan/ATi one and have no issues as well.

also note both are SFI approved

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so its all a matter of cost and preference then. i guess ill go titan they are cheaper and i need to replace my stock belt anyways.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Ranger498 said:
i want a titan bronz one :)
We can custom anodize ours to a Titan bronze if you want :bigthumb:

We have done a couple custom colors for different customers

Unfortunately, i don't think ATI will do that for Titan :wtcslap:

·
10,459 Posts
Kean said:
We can custom anodize ours to a Titan bronze if you want :bigthumb:

We have done a couple custom colors for different customers

Unfortunately, i don't think ATI will do that for Titan :wtcslap:
shit wish i knew that befor i got mine in silver :( oh well

kean please dont forget about what we spoke about (the event we are having may 20th 2006 in nj)

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3972262#post3972262

·
Super Moderator
4,432 Posts
Been running my ATI for over 3 years now...no problems...and it is dampened...and all of MSP cars have it. Good enough for me....unless colors makes the difference....lol

·
10,459 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
Been running my ATI for over 3 years now...no problems...and it is dampened...and all of MSP cars have it. Good enough for me....unless colors makes the difference....lol
i think the silver ones give you like 3 mph more :takethat:

·
Super Moderator
4,432 Posts
Ranger498 said:
i think the silver ones give you like 3 mph more :takethat:
I agree and never thought of that....since silver supras are faster....it must be the color silver :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts