Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's teh difference between a 95 SE (N/A) and a 96 (n/a) (base)

My friend has a 95 se and I can't tell a single difference (other then the gold SE letters on it)

E

·
0 Posts
SE floormats!!! ;)

Hm, I'd love to know too. It's not the cloth seats, eh?

SE's are all hardtop, 5-speed?

I thought the basic idea behind the SE was that it was the "Stripped Edition" meaning they took as much weight off as possible. (While at the same time taking out the "luxury" features such as the electronic leather seats, removable roof, etc.)

True, untrue? Lay on the wisdom, sages!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a hard top, cloth seats, everything is as plain jane as the SE. Myabe it's just the letters afterall :)

What are the specs on those suckers anyway?

everytime I raced my friend in my 99 Prelude TypeSH I lost. Fro, the stats, rolling start, you name it. He pulled about 1 car every time. Granted I'm not the best driver, but the prelude could do a 1/4 in 15.2 stock, I had an intake and exhaust on. Supposedly, the NA 5sp can do a 1/4 in the same exact time (15.2) with the 0-60 being .1 secs faster. Could it be that the fat tires just get better traction? curioucity is killing the cat.

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
Red96Supra
You should be able to take your friend in his Prelude with your car there is definately enough power just work on your launch a bit and shift fast or power shift and you should have him. I have run a best of 15.1 and i know im faster now although my new quarter mile time of 15.3 didnt show it (damn the bogs). However a guy i work with drives a new Prelude with intake, exhaust and a few other goodies on it and he ran a 15.1 too. My 15.1 was on only a racing clitch no other bolt ons. However i now have a Jacobs Electronics Ignition System and an Intake so it would be a good run between me and him. As far as the traction you would have the fatter tires jut work on your launches and you should start to take em.
Later

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually,

I was the one driving the prelude... now I got a 96 supra.. (still have and selling the prelude for anyone who's interested). The supra just seems like a faster car.. but in reality it's not. Definately handles better and has A LOT more torque from what I've noticed this far.

That and chicks dig it :)

Alex

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
Supra SE

mine is auto... premium sound system was not in it (i.e. cd player 6by9 sub in the trunk)... that's all i can think of right now... lateZ

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
OHHH ok i get it now when you were telling the story i thought you said you had the Supra. Yeah they are faster cars and where were you getting those quarter mile times? I know it depends on what magazine but on the pro drivers the Supra usually wins. That and Hondas are hard to tell when they are fast because you dont feel the torque like you do in the beefier engines. Anyway i think you will like the Supra more i know the guy with the Prelude said he wanted to get a Supra but at the time they were too expensive and i think he wanted something brand new.
Later

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
Pretty good- "Stripped Edtion" eh? Does that mean that ours have a bit of aperformance edge? Why didn't all the "Strippers" have the Torsen? :
Mine is hardtop too. Was there ever any series of comptetion that disallowed forced induction that was of interest?:rolleyes: Well I hope that Toyota gets its build sheets together for the next Supra!:p The new ZX will be out soon & with no competetion from GM, Mazda, Mitsu orTOYOTA, they should have smooth sailing! I bet they won't be building 2 versions of the same car either! If they're looking for market research, then this is the place.:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts