Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Im trying to buy the fuel pump bracket for my 2jz-gte but the part is discuntinued . Anyone knows what are differences between the 2jz-ge bracket and the 2jz-gte bracket? Im in a big problem with this.

thanks in advance.

·
From the land down under
3,850 Posts
Ah ok, you mean the fuel pump hanger.

What is different between the GTE and GE versions that is stopping you installing the unit you have? I didnt realise there was a difference to be honest. Surely they cant be too different, apart from the size of the fuel pump diameter.

Subscribed to find out how the differ.

Happy New Year to you, too :)

·
Racing is Life.
1,083 Posts
The
Hi everyone,
Im trying to buy the fuel pump bracket for my 2jz-gte but the part is discuntinued . Anyone knows what are differences between the 2jz-ge bracket and the 2jz-gte bracket? Im in a big problem with this.

thanks in advance.
The GE pump hanger does not have a basket return port if I recall correctly so the sump can empty at high cornering in low level situations. With the return port (and a hose routed to inside the basket) the fuel in the basket remains full while the tank gets low.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The

The GE pump hanger does not have a basket return port if I recall correctly so the sump can empty at high cornering in low level situations. With the return port (and a hose routed to inside the basket) the fuel in the basket remains full while the tank gets low.

bingo!
According to the query I have made to Toyota Europe, the GE hanger is used for the GTE model, a small modification must be made, you have to cut the fuel return pipe and put a hose to the fuel basket.

thanks by your help!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts