Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HKS

Has 24K Gold Plating and High Quality Wire - Each of the 8scq wires consist of 658 winded 0.12mm lines that allow each wire to withstand up to a maximum of 65A.
~$110 shipped

Ebay kits

Not 24k gold plated, most likely inferior wire quality.
~$35-40 shipped

Has anyone experienced both kits to know if there are any functional differences? I am thinking about going with the HKS kit just because it is higher quality.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have problems with my grounding system, some wires are broken. Do you guys @ MVP sell the groundkits? I do have problems with my grounding system, some wires are broken. There was a thread about this a while ago, and someone mentioned that if your ground wires are in bad shape, it makes a big difference on how your car runs.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Oh I didn't mean to say it wouldn't make any difference in how the car actually runs, but some kits claim 10hp or something like that. WE do sell the HKS kit. We are master warehouse distributors for HKS so I can get it if you want it. Give me a call during the week sometime and I can hook you up.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Just go make your own kit. Go buy 4-8 gauge wire and get some ring terminals and you can make a very nice kit for a fraction of that cost.

BTW - Get rid of that damn signature pic. It is not halloween and it is too big.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh I didn't mean to say it wouldn't make any difference in how the car actually runs, but some kits claim 10hp or something like that. WE do sell the HKS kit. We are master warehouse distributors for HKS so I can get it if you want it. Give me a call during the week sometime and I can hook you up.

Cool, thanks.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
hawkeye said:
Just go make your own kit. Go buy 4-8 gauge wire and get some ring terminals and you can make a very nice kit for a fraction of that cost.

BTW - Get rid of that damn signature pic. It is not halloween and it is too big.
Where can I get good ring terminals? I have a lot of 4 ga and 2ga welding cable.

·
2JZ Mk2
1,183 Posts
This is one of those ideas I wish I thought of. 5$ worth of wire and sell for $110. I could've been rich :(

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Yes, some people will pay 110 for a kit. In some magazines, they have claimed a 10 hp increase, 10 hp for 110 dollars? thats weak. BTW i made my own for like 15 dollars total. plus i replaced my power wire too..

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
They are a waste of money, unless there is somthing wrong with your car you shouldn't be having ground problems. Some cali Nissan board did a test HKS vs Ebay and they came out the same ... 0 power gain. (actually I think they gained 1 hp but that could have been different temps when they dynoed or another variable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts