Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Custom User Title
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about buying a supra for a long time

If someone can either answer or direct me to a page with answers, that would be great

Just was wondering what the differences are between a normally aspirated mkiv and a twin turbo mkiv

im sure people have done the conversion, so im wondering what's involved and how much it costs

im guessing the internals might be different (high compression pistons in the NA), youd need a new ECU and wiring harness, different cylinder head, but lets say someone decides to just drop in a whole turbo motor and use a turbo ecu and wiring harness

what am i missing

thanks

- chris

·
'95 TT
668 Posts
Do a search, it'll be so much easier...

Basically, bigger brakes, stronger transmission larger injectors etc... in the TTs

·
Custom User Title
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
worth it to buy an auto NA and convert to TT manual? or too expensive, and just find a TT manual as it is?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
93V said:
worth it to buy an auto NA and convert to TT manual? or too expensive, and just find a TT manual as it is?
WAY too much work. Find a TT auto or TT manual and be done with it.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
differences are...

Calipers, engine has 2 turbos, ECU, tranny, rear end, driveshaft, trac control, to list the just major ones.

compression on the TT is 8.5:1 and i think N/A is 9.5:1

Cost is about $10k to do a swap with about everything you need

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,913 Posts
the TT block also oil squiters for cooling and lubing reasons

for the price TT's are selling for now, you would most likely be better off buying TT. But maybe you should start off with an NA :dunno:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts