Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a difference between the different years for the accordian hoses? I just got quoted $140 for one for an 87 turbo which I have, and only $90 for the 89 one. What gives? Is there really that big of a difference between the two? The parts guy said they were difference part numbers.

Thanks,

Matt

· Registered
123 Posts
Look at my thread in the Elmhurst Toyota section. Title is MKIII Parts. They'll hook you up.

It's worth it if you can't wait and the Toyota parts guys/girls where you live are completely useless. They couldn't even find out what hoses hook up to the accordion.

BTW I'm in Canada.

· Destroyer of Turbos
4,882 Posts
happy b-day jeff!

call champion. the 89+ turbo is alot cheaper than the pre 89 turob accordian.

· Powderin my balls since07
2,702 Posts
Jeff Lange said:
It is.

It's Jeff History Month!

(Today is my birthday, yay!)
god damnit so u don't look like kramer! everything i know is a lie!
happy belated, as it is 7 minutes past ur birthday according to IL time....
as for accordian hoses... BIC hose ftw!

· Supranian
2,181 Posts
Jeff Lange said:
It is.

It's Jeff History Month!

(Today is my birthday, yay!)
Dang Jeff, you're only 20 - I wasn't as smart as you until I was 23 - :sadance:

· Dr. Jeff Lange
8,964 Posts
There aren't any that I know of. The only difference I can think of is manufacture location, or process or something. Not really sure. Physically they look identical IIRC.

Someone should buy both and do a comparison ;)

· GO OILERS GO!
553 Posts
87supraturbo2 said:
Would it still be worth it to order it from one of the sponsors and pay shipping up to Canada?

Matt
I just ordered one from Jeff Watson at Champion Toyota for around 30USD. It is worth shipping from the US. But i would order anything else you need as UPS's brokerage fees are unreasonable, and they do not seem to be dependent on the size of the order.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.