Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a new dipstick tube the old one was just kind of chilling there. I assumed it was to bolt to the lower half of the intake manifold but it doesn't seem to reach anything. Does it bolt to a bracket that is bolted to the intake manifold? Can't really see it clearly in pictures or my service manual. Also went into the dealer and they couldn't tell me. I have a part number that it might be but it's non returnable. I can make a bracket but I'd like it to be Oem. Can someone a picture for me? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think maybe there is a support bracket for the intake manifold on the bottom side of the intake to the block that this bolts to. I think I am missing this support bracket. Can anyone confirm? Thanks

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,557 Posts
There is a bracket, and it does bolt to the intake manifold with a 10mm bolt. The "support bracket" that you are talking about in your 2nd post is a bracket with 2 vacuum pipes welded to it (for the pressure tank). I've got a picture at home that I can post tonight if no one beats me to it.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,557 Posts
I think the bracket is part # 17118-46050.

IntakeManiStay.jpg

·
Registered
125 Posts
that kind of looks like the correct part, hard to tell since it's just floating in the pic not where it really would go. It bolts to the block and runs parallel with the dipstick and bolts to the intake manifold. Then on the dipstick tube theres a small bracket where it bolts to this support bracket, it also has kind of a hook hanging off of it to support some wires or something.

·
Registered
234 Posts
the part bitshftr is talking about is the correct one.
the tube does bolt to the bracket. the bracket goes between the block and intake mani.

i accidentally tossed my old bracket and had to buy a new one also. stupid.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome that's exactly the one I thought it was. Thanks guys.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,557 Posts

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,557 Posts
Found my picture:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10