6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone mounted a screen on the dash like a GPS or reverse cam
I ask as am looking at getting a reverse camera with screen option

i dont want to replace my double DIN Stereo so what are my options here

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,786 Posts
I know this isn't the answer you want, but a nice Android Auto/Apple CarPlay double-DIN touchscreen is the way to go. You get Google Maps GPS (which is always up-to-date), and any reverse camera you want will be supported by the screen. Please don't put/stick anything ON the Supra's dash...it will look like the afterthought that it is. And don't block your windshield with any other junk.

Reactions: mkivsoopratt

·
Registered
1997 JDM RZ A80
32 Posts
I second getting a better headunit with Android Auto/CarPlay. I'm looking around for one as well, and plan on grabbing one that has capabilities for a reverse camera as well.

My OEM JDM 2Din doesn't even work, so I have a phone mount stickied to the windshield with a 3M strip since the suction cup is iffy, and I hate the way it looks. Please don't clutter the dash lol

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,786 Posts

·
Registered
1997 JDM RZ A80
32 Posts
There's an excellent recent thread on these here: Double din
Yeah, I was looking through that for ideas.

The newer Sony HUs don't seem to have the hard volume knob that I'd like to have, even though the XAVs are what I was favoring. I spent like an hour browsing through Crutchfield, but what worries me is dropping the cash on a new HU and running into issues with it. Due to being stationed overseas (wife is army and we're in Korea), it's a huge PITA to get stuff shipped around.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,786 Posts
The newer Sony HUs don't seem to have the hard volume knob
The Sony XAV-AX1000 is still available and has the volume knob. You might still be able to find some XAV-AX200 units also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts