Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Anyplace, Anytime
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well my car was a wiring disaster amd just flat out ugly under the hood. I was scared to do anything, as I bought this car somewhat built. But after studying all the wires. And doing the defi guage link set up 2 weeks ago. I felt comfortable enough to do some eletrical work...
With 2 tranny cooling fans, meth injector, 2 power lines from stereo and amp. Defi link system, grounds and yaddy yaddy yahs. Also knowing I still have to make room for the Power wires for the MAP ECUII and the duel fuel pumps.... Just a hole bunch of wires running to the POS terminal, t'd in to one another, spliced all up, and all different colors.

So me and a friend tackeled some re-wiring yesterday. Stayed up until 3:00 AM, but got it done and cleaned it all up. Got nice big Distribution block, (had to fabricate my own bracket) with 60-80 amp fuses. Re-wired the Ignition and Factory harness wires off of the Fuse Box As well. Hid some wires and tucked some away.

Pics comming. Thanks LEXUS FTW for posting.

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
I've been meaning to do something like this. Especially after my electrical fire last weekend.

·
Anyplace, Anytime
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"I've been meaning to do something like this. Especially after my electrical fire last weekend. "

For what better reason ? heh

·
Will work for Supra parts
624 Posts
Nice. I like that power distribution block. Who makes that one? That internal volt meter display is cool. Does it always stay on and show the battery voltage? Your thread couldn't have come at a better time. I was about to start a search for such a distribution block myself, as I hope to add some gauges in the future and was looking for a cleaner way of getting power for them, and anything else I might be adding in the future.

·
Banned
752 Posts
Nice work! You should post a "before" picture.

FYI, they make the 4 and 8 gauge wire with clear blue insulation. It might go better with your color scheme.

Best regards,

Ken

·
Anyplace, Anytime
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heh, thanks Ken. I'm all done with wiring and soldering. That distibution block has one more inlet and thats reserved for the fuel pumps and map ECU, and thats it for wiring.

Espeefan: I got the block and platinum battery terminals at a car stereo place. Stinger is the name of the make, the distribution model number is SHD4MAX and the price def. justified the quality ( shit was expensive with the palt terminals). It has internal memory set for 1.3 minutes after you turn the car off. Which is cool because now for whatever reason my front main fan stays on also for that 1.3

Goodluck with the project. Feel free to contact me for some trouble shooting ( though its no guarenteee I'll know the answere lol )

·
Will work for Supra parts
624 Posts
Awesome. Thanks for sharing the info. I will definitely have to look into getting a block. That's cool about the display. Makes it really easy to see what the battery voltage is. Nice to have on Supras since they always seem to drain the battery down when sitting a week or two.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts