Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can post pic up later tonight if any one wants to see how i made my distributor work with my ebay manifold with out reclocking the flange.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
I remember someone cut the heat shield to their distributor to get a little more clearance

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can just bend the heat shield down on the distributor, but the problem is the cap, my turbo has a 3 inch inlet so i dont know how this will work for thoes that have the 4 inch inlet.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well i know it looks like shit but i really dont care it should work fine for now until i get the money to buy a better manifold. The cap and wires are 10 years old with 20k plus miles on them i can replace them when i get my new manifold. Sure i could have taken my manifold and had another flange weilded on top but this was easier and free.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Well i know it looks like shit but i really dont care it should work fine for now until i get the money to buy a better manifold. The cap and wires are 10 years old with 20k plus miles on them i can replace them when i get my new manifold. Sure i could have taken my manifold and had another flange weilded on top but this was easier and free.
I wasn't knocking it
I'm just suprised...
hmmm wonder if a shorter distributor can be used...or made...

·
trubo spura
393 Posts
Wow................
I was thinking the same thing last night when I saw this could've sworn I responded.

In all honesty, if you're planning on upgrading your ignition soon, I wouldn't say it's SUCH a bad thing, but you're going to have to completely remove the dist. when working on the car if you want the wires out of your way etc.

I'm not saying I'd ever do it, and I really wouldn't, but hey, it does look better anyway.

-chris

1 - 20 of 22 Posts