Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size is the distributor O Ring? 7MGE here...

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Somebody's got to know...

I've got a 29.35mm (1.155in) ID of the distributor hole, and a 23.93mm (.940") OD of the distributor itself (where the O ring goes)..

So am I looking for a 24mm O Ring, 5.5mm thick?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have to order it (2 days), and they want $3.60. Screw that... ORings are generally a buck or less!

Hmm... maybe a 15/16" O ring, 1/8th" thick would do...

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
It's $3, that's nothing... just get it from them, it's not that bad, at least you'll know it'll fit right.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and have to wait another 2 days? 15/16" (.9375" - snug fit) ID and 1.1875" OD - that's .05" to squish, and be a nice, leak free seal :) And 56 cents vs 2 days wait, and 3 bucks left over?

;) Not trying to be a cheapskate, but I'm not willing to get bent over at the stealership, with their 645% markup :rolleyes:

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
I get bent over at the dealership all the time, it's not so bad after a while. :p

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
Jeff Lange said:
I get bent over at the dealership all the time, it's not so bad after a while. :p
:lol: hahahhahahahah

I get dealer discouts for being a tech. That same o-ring cost me $1.32

·
SP74HO
1,143 Posts
Go to you local parts store, they should have a box of assorted O rings. Its a 214 or 213 Oring. If you can remove the old one with out breaking it, match it up.

I believe it a National 214. Its a bit thicker than a OEM one, but it will work! Also CHEAP!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Been there, done that. Got hard, cracked, and started leaking 6 months later.

Use Toyota parts. There is a reason the o-rings at your local hardware store only cost a buck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts