Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MyNuttz
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently changed an o-ring on my distributor shaft, thanks to Curt, instead of getting a new distributor to fix the oil leaking from it. while taking the distributor out I noticed after taking off the cap that the striking stone? that sparks all the wires was getting really worn. my question is this is that a replacable part? cause it would be really easy to do it and seems like something that would be a good thing to keep in good condition...
just wondering also if it would fix the other problem that I began to have after fixing the distributor and messing up my timing, my car is having a hard time starting now, it sounded like it was going to die the first couple of times I fixed it and now every time I start it I wonder if it will die on me. I don't know if it's the battery or the alternator or what?...any help would be great thx ahead of time

·
I rock like CRACK
1,010 Posts
Yes the rotor button is replaced, toyota charges a few bucks for them.

·
I rock like CRACK
1,010 Posts
Also, make you note where the distributor is at so your timing is right when you put it back together.

·
MyNuttz
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i already went through that fiasco....what a PITA that turned out to be....
thanx for the info..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts