Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any major differences in the 2jz blocks that have a distributor compaired to the coil packed 2jz?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Blocks are the same only head differences. The heads have different intake and exhaust ports. The distributor blocks don't have oil squirters. Distrbutor engines are NA so they don't have any turbo stuff. Otherwise they're the same

·
Registered
356 Posts
people build the NA blocks all the time. The turbo stuff all works the rods and crank are the same and the difference is the Distributor blocks have high compression pistons. You can build them both the same

·
Registered
945 Posts
people build the NA blocks all the time. The turbo stuff all works the rods and crank are the same and the difference is the Distributor blocks have high compression pistons. You can build them both the same
If they were the same Toyota would not have made two different models. There are other differences besides the oil squirters, I believe the oil galleys are different too.

Can a GE be built like a turbo of course it can. Do people remove GTE oil squirters when they use different shaped pistons, yup!

But his question was, are they different and the answer is yes they are and to some those can be big differences. If I was making a turbo supra I would do it right with a GTE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts