Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so, my distributor started to leak oil from the O ring. Im going to replace it soon, but im wondering if i have to reset the timing just to replace the O ring. Not a problem but I literally just fixed my timing after my rebuild and dont wanna mess with it anymore then i have lol. Let me know what u guys think.

7mge rebuilt. 90k miles

·
7M Fanatic
3,252 Posts
Mark it with a sharp scribe line from the distributor, to the head, and you should be OK.
I just did a complete rebuild on a B20Z engine in my (am embarrassed to claim that I own a honda) CR-V,
and marked it that way, and the timing came right back to where it needed to be.

·
Registered
1987 Supra Turbo R154 Pearl White, Blue Velour
209 Posts
I agree. I pulled mine to service it. I marked it both where the spindle was sitting and on the head where the timing adjustment is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mark it with a sharp scribe line from the distributor, to the head, and you should be OK.
I just did a complete rebuild on a B20Z engine in my (am embarrassed to claim that I own a honda) CR-V,
and marked it that way, and the timing came right back to where it needed to be.
Lol thanks guys! Everything went fine. It was good head of mind to reset its timing anyways, but turns out its my actual distributor started to leak out the hole at the bottom(replaced the gear oring and that^problem showed almost instantly)Now im on a hunt for that.
other than that im replacing my timing belt soon and putting in a stage 2 clutch thats laying in my closest. Were can i find that blue timing belt some people run?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts