Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at getting another turbo and after speaking w/ someone random from TITAN he told me that this is "what I'm looking for".He linked me this:
http://supraforums.com/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=4

Now running the Full Greddy T78 kit..will that ^ turbo work w/ what i have?
I would really like to hopefully pop it in but would imagine there may be more parts I need diff piping,..downpipe? etc. -don't know?
Heres my set up:

Greddy T78 kit (mani,wastegate,etc)
HKS 264 cams
Greddy 4 Row Intercooler
Greddy Profec B Spec 2
HKS Racing Titanium 104mm Exhaust system
Blitz Racing Midpipe
HKS VPC (MKIV supra kit with plug n play harness)
Racelogic Traction Control system
Apexi Super AFC2
PWR Radiator
HKS Fuel Rail
Greddy 720 cc injectors
TRD Fuel Pressure regulator
Twin Walbro 255 HP fuel pumps
Currently making 520whp 17psi

^ This is How my SUpra came...so for 1,.I don't know whats on it which gives me more of a reason to add some stuff so that I'm more fimilar w/ "WHAT I"VE GOT" then whats already on it.
Will my Greddy manifold work w/ that turbo linked above or what do i need to look into as far as bolting it on.
I would like the Spool up of what this Turbo has Way better than the T78 and hoping its what "Titan guy" said I should look into.Spool as you know is very long on my current setup and more of a damn highway Turbo.
I've owned EVo,STi,etc but trying to fimiliarize myself w/ my car and what i want out of my car and thats basically a more streetable Turbo and faster spool.Would like to stay @ the Current power I'm @ now.
fortunately/unfortunately Its the way my Supra came and I was also told to Loose the VPC & get EM?But I have approx $1000 and thats about it.
thanks guys
Info please.

·
Working OT
4,193 Posts
You could always go with some meth injection and more boost

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok..I'm guessin theres too much to read for people to reply.

lemme try this.
What Turbo do I want that will bolt up to my already T78(minus the T78) kit that will spool around 3600-3800 no more or @least rather quick in comparison,..capable of up to 600whp if I wanted it to be?

More than likley my DP will have to go or hopefully I can use it.

I've only got a tad bit to play w/ $ wise ($900-$1000).This is a basic Street Setup.

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
call up SP...they can also help you!

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
ok..I'm guessin theres too much to read for people to reply.

lemme try this.
What Turbo do I want that will bolt up to my already T78(minus the T78) kit that will spool around 3600-3800 no more or @least rather quick in comparison,..capable of up to 600whp if I wanted it to be?

More than likley my DP will have to go or hopefully I can use it.

I've only got a tad bit to play w/ $ wise ($900-$1000).This is a basic Street Setup.
OK..do you want to make 600 on pump gas or race gas? You arent going to find a turbo with the same spool that makes it on pump I am telling you now. The T78 is a great turbo. The only other turbo I can think of that is in that range would be a 67DBB...but that is more than 900-1000. You can get a non bb 67 for that price and make high 600-700 on race gas with similiar or slightly better spool.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Call Boost Logic thay have a good t78 converter kit. I just installed one. I installed a 67 DBB on my friend johns supra and he loves it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts