Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Project Sleepra
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to do this, but the search function is pissing me off and I'm not finding the information I need

I'm looking at some larger frame turbos that all seem to come with twin scroll turbine housings, but the single manifold I have is not divided

would I still be able to run one of those turbos, or would I suffer from really shitty spool and exhaust flow since everythign will be crashing into one another AND a peice of metal splitting the flow into 2

is there options on turbos like the GT4088 for non twin scroll housings but still with the v-band option?

sorry to post something stupid like this but the search function here is cumbersome, and annoying to say the least (searches only allowed every 30 seconds, and usually I get a blank screen after hitting the search button even tho my browser says done)

any advice will be appreciated.

·
ur moms favourite
1,405 Posts
I've seen plenty of people using a twin scroll turbo on a single collector manifold. If you want to be really fussy i guess you could grind the center divider in the turbine inlet to a sharp edge to 'split' the flow better, but its not required and i doubt it would make any real difference.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts