Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks man,

I got my Stewart Warner gauges from www.northernautoparts.com. They have the best prices that I could find on them. Go to www.sw-performance.com for the part numbers of the gauges you want, then order them from northern autoparts.

BTW, just so you know, the black face gauges actually come with the silver bezels, but I got the black bezel addon kits that they sell as well...

Asheesh

·
Registered
831 Posts
I took your advice and had the audio shop build the same setup as yours. They've been tuning the new system the last 2 days, but I'll hear it tomorrow. Hope it sounds as good as yours seems to! You still satisfied with it now that you have been able to get some tweek-time in? I was always told it couldn't be done this way, probably because back in the day no company made a good 6" dedicated sub. I'll let you know how it comes out.

Thanx for post!
Will...:)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi Will,

Yes, I am definately satisfied with the setup....the main thing as far as adjustment was setting up the crossovers to the correct setting.....around 100Hz to the subs. Also, since I have posted this setup I have had a number of Chicago guys come by and listen to it......BADABING, Gary Bechtold, lakas.....they were all very impressed with it.

I think you will be happy.....these 6w0's don't even sound like 6's....they go down reallly low.....they are awesome speakers.

Asheesh

·
2,153 Posts
He spent some good time on it and it worked really well. I didn't do it only because I wanted to try one of the Magic Box Setups. I got the 10" and will see how it goes once Alpine releases the CDA-9833 or CDA-9835 head units! I'm still with the stock stereo for now. :(

·
2,153 Posts
zeeshan66 said:
is there any way we can make something to fit a 12" ? maybe two 10's?
I don't think so without losing either the targa storage and/or the spare tire. Ask Nazar if a double 10" is possible, but I don't think it can without something having to go.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Asheesh88, sorry about the delay. I found out my Eclipse HU burped and they're trying to get it replaced or reset( never buy an Eclipse head unit over the Internet).
Anyway, my installer tells me he can't believe how well the subs hit. Sounds like a couple of eights or tens!! He even used the original cover by removing the excess plastic and putting grill cloth in it's place. Unless you notice three speakers on each front door, it's a complete stealth install. Hopefully I'll hear it tomorrow.....
Again, THANKS! I was a little worried, but seems you were right about the box with the JL's.
Will

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hi Will,

Glad to hear everything worked out.... If you can please post pics of how you got the stock grille back on....I was thinking about covering up my 6's to avoid damage to them....then again I like the exposed look of them and don't carry anything in the hatch anyway.

I think you will relly enjoy the system! Post pics when you have a chance,

Thanks,

Asheesh

·
Useless Member
717 Posts
Will2, did you use the same design as Asheesh or did you have them do it any different. Wow it sounds like 2 8's or 2 10's that is pretty impressive. What amp are you running? I wonder how 3 6's like Nazar's stealth box would sound...

Gary how do you like your stealth box?? You got the 10" right? What amp are you running it off of?

·
2,153 Posts
KReddy05 said:
Will2, did you use the same design as Asheesh or did you have them do it any different. Wow it sounds like 2 8's or 2 10's that is pretty impressive. What amp are you running? I wonder how 3 6's like Nazar's stealth box would sound...

Gary how do you like your stealth box?? You got the 10" right? What amp are you running it off of?
I haven't had a chance to listen to it in the car. I don't have my Alpine head unit yet. :( I wanted to get the Alpine CDA-9813, but few places have them, most near what the price of the new CDA-9833 will cost or I might do the CDA-9835. Unfortunately they won't be out till the end of this month or maybe next month. So I have an amp, sub and wiring all waiting to go into the car. At least I was able to get my exhuast installed in the car! :D

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Gary, let me know when you get your system all set up...

I am interested in hearing how that 10" will sound as well! I think you will be very happy with it. What amp did you decide to go with?

For those that are wondering, I went with an Alpine MRD-M350 mono amp for my 2 6's....the amp is running at about 1/2 gain, so it is under very little load....hopefully it lasts forever.

Asheesh

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey Asheesh, when I'm ready for the upgrade you got to help me out. Your install was CLEAN!!!! Good job. It's getting warmer soon will be crusin. Later, Mark

·
2,153 Posts
asheesh88 said:
Gary, let me know when you get your system all set up...

I am interested in hearing how that 10" will sound as well! I think you will be very happy with it. What amp did you decide to go with?

For those that are wondering, I went with an Alpine MRD-M350 mono amp for my 2 6's....the amp is running at about 1/2 gain, so it is under very little load....hopefully it lasts forever.

Asheesh
I got the JL Audio 250/1 250w mono amp. I can't wait to set it up! You can always stop by some time and we could "test fit" it in your car. :D

·
Wingless Hardtop Moderator
3,090 Posts
Gary Bechtold said:
I got the JL Audio 250/1 250w mono amp. I can't wait to set it up! You can always stop by some time and we could "test fit" it in your car. :D
I have the same amp you do, along with one 12 inch w3v2, seems like the perfect setup to me, considereing my old 500/1 and 2 w3v2's was insanely loud, but didnt fit int he car I so I sold it. I got everything wired and am about to do a FG box over the spare tire spot.

·
2,153 Posts
The amp fits in the stock location just fine. An Alpine Head unit will be powering the factory speakers (until I replace them) and I won't be needing the stock amp so away it goes. The JL 250/1 will go where the stock amp does under the passenger seat. :D

21 - 40 of 53 Posts