Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just swapped out my 1JZ 370cc Injectors for JDM 2JZ 440 Injectors.

Is this clicking noise normal? I don't recall this happening with the 1JZ injectors, in fact those were quiet as a mouse. These are the PINK TOP VVTI Injectors.

https://youtu.be/eBpCsCdLG1M
Perhaps this is the sound of the injector hitting the fuel rail because the grommets aren't positioned correctly? I would hope not but if it is, I'll have to take the intake manifold off. I did it with it on this time.

Thank you.

EDIT: AFRs at idle indicate that they are fueling properly...started off 11:1 but ecu corrected up to about 14.5:1 but the clicking threw me off. I thought maybe it could be the fuel injectors hitting the fuel rail, which is bad I presume.

·
Formerly Nosechunks
1,071 Posts
Sounds kinda noisy, you could unplug one at a time to see if its only one making the noise. Injectors moving parts are internal and i wouldnt imagine if there were metal to metal contact between rail and injector body it would cause that noise.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sounds kinda noisy, you could unplug one at a time to see if its only one making the noise. Injectors moving parts are internal and i wouldnt imagine if there were metal to metal contact between rail and injector body it would cause that noise.
I unplugged each of them and it didn't stop... I'm hoping this isn't a valve issue. If it were a valve issue, would it get louder and faster as the throttle was raised? I'm about to go test that...

But literally right before I put the 440 injectors in, my car was quiet as a mouse and now click, click, click, click.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just checked and it kind've speeds up and slows down with throttle...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Resolved. Used a stethoscope and it was the injectors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts