Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know the 3.76 auto LSD was an option from97-98 but does that mean from 93-96 all supra auto TT's had LSD stock?

Y do i hear about people purchasing the diff but find out later that it doesn't have LSD?

I'm in the middle of purchasing a 93 3.76auto TT diff, here is a pic, how do i know 4 sure if it has the LSD, i don't wanna get ripped off... and the seller will not open the diff 2 take pix because he says he has 2 re-seal it again, bla bla...

please let me know, i would really appreciate it...

·
Boost Junkie
12,614 Posts
It was supposed to be standard on all TT Autos, however, the factory screwed up and left them out of the '98s I believe.

Steve K.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
because i've done some research and i've found that the LSD pumpkins have more distinctive fins..such as this 1...what year is this from u think?

because this LSD and the 1 pictured above don't have similiar fins...that gets me worried, i'm paying all this money, i just don't want the 3.76 gears, i want the LSD as well...thats the whole point behind this upgrade...

Here is a pic of supra LSD 3.76 don't know the year vs. stock lexus rear end... notice the fins....

I want the pumpkin that looks like that

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
k, i did some research and found out its the real deal LSD,
i'm just worried about all this rust

do i need 2 replace anything on these? just the oil? what kind of oild u use?
Amsoil 70w90?

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Lex400PshR said:

Amsoil 70w90?
If you're talking about rust on the exterior, don't worry about it. Cast iron rusts almost instantly unless it's painted. It's completely normal.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Buddy your pictures are from all different sides, I think that is what is contributing to your frustration/confusion. The first picture of the unit you're looking at buying has the large block of fins on the bottom, your picture shows the top. The second picture is of the bottom of the diffs. Then your third shows the top again. The reason you're not seeing the fins is because it's sitting on them. You can see the same casting marks on the top as the last picture. Get a picture of the bottom of the diff, and I think you'll find the fins you're looking for.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Lex400PshR said:

Amsoil 70w90?
Use the thickest oil you can find.... :rofl:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts