Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...lean over a little to the left? What I mean is, when looking at the car from the rear (nost noticable view), they seem to lean onto the left side a little, kinda arched maybe half an inch?

Is this common?

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Yup, its just like my wanker. It leans to the right though....

B

·
0 Posts
I have seen many cars equipped with Eibach springs sit lower on one side in the rear. And it can be very noticable.

Other than that you must have blown struts, worn springs.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, to the right I'm not sure about, unless you looking at it from the front of the car. Anyhow, I've even noticed this in Euro spec MKIV... You can spot them in this forum in the members ride section.. I guess it’s pretty common.

Just a curiosity :)

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,915 Posts
or maybe just a big ass driver ;)

·
Broke college student
34 Posts
Broken Silver 6spd said:
I have seen many cars equipped with Eibach springs sit lower on one side in the rear. And it can be very noticable.

or a heavy driver...

edit: damn you, we posted at the same time

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,915 Posts
Go4shoped said:
or a heavy driver...

edit: damn you, we posted at the same time
apparently one of us was faster, bwahahhaa

i win :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Cant be common for a car to lean one direction. Would think that would wear the tire in said area alot quicker and make the car track that direction.

·
Banned
400 Posts
SupraMan1990 said:
Cant be common for a car to lean one direction. Would think that would wear the tire in said area alot quicker and make the car track that direction.
:werd:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
That's an insult to even ask if MKIV's have tendencies to steer to the left due to engineering errors. Don't you know that the MKIV was hand built by god himself? Haha j/k. The leaning is probably due to bad suspension, alignment, or owners you've seen happen to be on welfare.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
VINZE said:
That's an insult to even ask if MKIV's have tendencies to steer to the left due to engineering errors. Don't you know that the MKIV was hand built by god himself? Haha j/k. The leaning is probably due to bad suspension, alignment, or owners you've seen happen to be on welfare.

Or they are fat???? Not everyone is a skinny rail like u VINZE :D

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
my car leans to the left... also scrapes (that pisses me off) when making right hand turns at faster than 5 mph speeds (grrr)...

I've been told it's a common thing... and that I just need to get coil overs to fix it.

I'm riding on kyb's and eibachs

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
Broken Silver 6spd said:

my car is equipped with eibachs and leans....
when i called eibach and asked them about it, they said it was in order to balance the car our (somewhat like corner weighting)
all my suspension compenents are in perfect working condition!

B

·
0 Posts
swearitsstock said:
my car is equipped with eibachs and leans....
when i called eibach and asked them about it, they said it was in order to balance the car our (somewhat like corner weighting)
all my suspension compenents are in perfect working condition!

I had Eibachs before my coilovers and my car leaned. It was rather noticeable, but it did not affect how the car drove.

If the car didnt have Eibachs installed and was leaning, it would be due to blown sturst/springs.

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
most freeway onramps and offramps curve to the right... over time from the car leaning over to the left side deeper, more times, and for longer periods of time during those sweeping turns than to the right causes the left side of the suspension to wear more than the right... especially us crazy asses taking those ramps like daredevils.. it can be seen on other cars as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts