Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im really interested in installing some headers on my N/A MK3, but all i can find is pacesetter headers and i heard they do not fit right and require modification? What is a good brand to get, from where, and what type of results are expected?

IM' me at Brysta21 if you have some headers on your MK3, i have some questions to ask ya

Thanks, much appreciated;)

·
DDDDUUUUUBBBBBZZZZZZZZ
2,022 Posts
I am wondering this too, can somebody answer? Does anybody have a picture of what the pacesetter headers look like on a MK3?

·
Senior
1,474 Posts
You sure dug up an old thread. Try waynis, Bishop92T & others on the mkiii forums here. Brysta has long since converted to n/a-T.

·
DDDDUUUUUBBBBBZZZZZZZZ
2,022 Posts
ok, i did some more asking around, and somebody told me all you had to do was extend the o2 sensor wire some....anybody heard anything else, pleease im me if you do

·
Registered
942 Posts
Get yourself a Doug Thorely header, its the only decent header still made for an M engine. It should bolt up to your head no prob, but I doubt it will line up with the stock exhaust perfectly. I'm not sure if they have a specific mk3 application, but they definatly have a mk2 one and it will bolt up. Excellent quality, the pacesetters are crap.

I was dissappointed with what the aftermarket offered so I modified a pacesetter to fit my own needs...

http://www.pbase.com/image/19862551

http://www.pbase.com/image/20469022

·
(GRAVEDIGGER) 3.3L Supra
614 Posts
Pacesetter is a real nice header, I have a ceramic coated on my 88 and a painted on my 92. it DOESNT line up with factory exhaust!!!! but very nice if you want custum exhaust

·
DDDDUUUUUBBBBBZZZZZZZZ
2,022 Posts
Dug it up again...I'm thinking of getting the pacesetters for $200 and extending the 02 sensor signal wire myself with some 16 gauge. So it's true it won't bolt up to the stock cat? Should I take it to a shop to have done? I don't have a pipe bender or a welder

1 - 7 of 7 Posts