Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I know just springs need to settle, but do coilovers need to as well?
Anytime you jack up your car, the suspension will need to settle - even if "settling it" just means rolling it back and forth a few feet in your garage. If you recently installed coilovers, I'd recommend a short drive (a few miles) to ensure the springs are properly seated on their perches and the shocks compress to a their "normal" ride height.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I would recommend driving around for 500 miles after insatalling new springs or coilovers before getting an alignment. I noticed about a 5mm to 10mm drop in mine after a few hundred miles.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I would recommend driving around for 500 miles after insatalling new springs or coilovers before getting an alignment. I noticed about a 5mm to 10mm drop in mine after a few hundred miles.
I agree , I noticed mine was lower after 3 weeks & 150 miles.

·
(Rare & Unique)
3,885 Posts
yes...
example> hks coilovers come pre assembled.recommended to leave on as is for a min of 2 weeks before any adjustments.I guess there is a "settling" period.

i have 4 sets of tein's on differernt cars and waited a couple of weeks before adjusting from a slightly lower than stock height.
Ricky

·
Registered
869 Posts
what if you already have teins installed and just want to lower them?? Mine have been on a couple years. No need to wait then, correct? Best to get an alignment directly after, correct?

·
Registered
224 Posts
what if you already have teins installed and just want to lower them?? Mine have been on a couple years. No need to wait then, correct? Best to get an alignment directly after, correct?
I'm in the exact same boat as you and wondering the same thing.

·
Registered
90 Posts
You'll still need to let the suspension settle and have the springs "seat" after jacking the car up and making changes. I'd drive the car around some, get the suspension working a little. Make sure you're happy with the lowered height before you invest in a new alignment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts