Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the past month i have had a mysterious brake fluid leak. today i discovered that my front left brake line was dripping fluid. i have goodridge lines. do these leak.

i looked like it was leaking from the actually line, not where they get screwed in.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Not quite the same, but I run them on my mountain bike, never had a problem. Buddy from work has them on his Yamaha R6, and he's never had a problem either.

If the warranty is the same as it is for bikes, they'll fix you up with new ones if they are leaking.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
do they have a plastic coating over the stainless?

The problem with many ss lines is that they do not have a cover over the stainless braid. Over time, grit gets in there and wears away at the teflon liner as the line is flexed. This may be your problem.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
i installed some goodrige lines on my ex's 1JZ car... they did NOT come with the outer plastic liner to keep out dirt.

·
General Hooligan
208 Posts
i bought those ebay lines with the blue anodized fittings, nobody ever buy them i blew one on the first ride (hard break in i guess) and now i have 2 that leak, should have jsut bought the russels (which are now on the way) in the first place, i hate being a cheap bastard

·
Registered
175 Posts
How does the braid look around where the leak is? If the line was kinked at some point in its life, especially after the proof test, it could easily spring a leak. If it was kinked, the braid at that point should not be perfect anymore.

The grit in the braid argument is bogus. I had a set of lines on my Supra for 10 years before I decided to replace them. I replaced them because I also was also replacing the calipers and master cylinder, simply because they were 10 years old. The lines looked just fine. They were basic Earl's lines with no protection. I drive my Supra in rain, snow, sun, all the time! They were filthy.

My best guess is the line was kinked sometime in its life. They're very picky about that.

MA71T: Rule #1: Don't buy cheap brake parts.

Asterix

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Are we talking about the same goodridge lines here? I can't kink the ones on my mountain bike with PLIERS. I might be able to with a big set of vice grips, but I rather doubt it would cause any damage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts