Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SupraStar
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just a little bit curious if I need a fuel tuner/controller and what I will benefit from it. Also if I need one, witch one is the best?

I have the following "engine performance mods" EPM ;)

RMM Downpipe
Apex-i GT Spec Exhaust
Greddy Airinx Intake system
Apexi AVC-R Boost Controller
Boost Cut Controller
Adjustable Cam Gears
Greddy BlowOff Valve Type S
HKS FMIC Type S

Thanks for your help

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
If you are ready to dyno the car with a wideband O2 sensor and do the tuning with the fuel controller, I would say you seem to be completely ready for it. I personally picked up around 40RWHP from fuel tuning. Your supra is more than likely very rich and you would sure benifit from the purchase of the unit. Hope that helps.

Adam

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
TomSid said:
Thanks Adam.
Witch one do you use?
MVP seem to recommend the HKS AFR Fuel Tuner.
I have the Apexi S-AFC. I love the unit, it has worked well for me, has a lot of neat monitoring features like boost, Air flow, RPM, etc. The blue display looks nice and price is mid 300s. I would reccomend it, though I have heard Dusty say he had some problem with a unit or two before. Let me know if you need help getting one. I used to know of a group buy on another forums, but I'd have to check and see if it still going on.

Adam

D

·
0 Posts
I did'nt benifit from my s-afc it was tuned with wideband 02 to 11.5.1 with 100 oct. 0hp gain :( And i had to add a (+) to my sig.

·
SupraStar
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
deavenly1 said:
I did'nt benifit from my s-afc it was tuned with wideband 02 to 11.5.1 with 100 oct. 0hp gain :( And i had to add a (+) to my sig.
Thanks
I wonder what to do, hmm.
Did you feel your Supra was running rich before you got your s-afc?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts