Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im rebuilding the bottom end of my car along with the rest lol.... but its all stock and all the specs are still as though it were still in there....the thingi want to know is... im replacing the stock rod bolts with arp bolts...do they all weight the same or do i need to get the rod bolts pressed into the caps and the rods/pistons balanced? is it a neccessity or are the rod bolts good enough to just use.......

any ideas?

·
Just some guy
1,682 Posts
I would assume they weigh the same, as I think they are CNC machined, but you know what happens when you assume. Not to mention, they probly way different than the stockers, so a crank rebalance wouldn't be a bad idea as the bobweights would be different.

Christian

·
Registered
144 Posts
if your just doing stock and aren't building the bottom end with forged units its almost pointless.

they are not balanced from the factory.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
What are your HP goals? Since you have everything out, you might as well balance everything.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hope this isn't an obvious question. Everything else being the same, is there a difference in seat of the pants NVH between a fully blueprinted and balanced 7M-GTE and a new factory unbalanced 7M-GTE?

G

·
JohnBunneIl said:
Hope this isn't an obvious question. Everything else being the same, is there a difference in seat of the pants NVH between a fully blueprinted and balanced 7M-GTE and a new factory unbalanced 7M-GTE?
usually it allows you to run a little higher revs, but its really for reliability in high horsepower cars, and to reduce vibration

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,086 Posts
To answer your question, NO, you don't need to worry about balancing them for your usual street application. Race motors benefit from it because they are pretty much just run at WOT their whole existance.

JohnBunneIl, What the hell, just like a cop, answering a question with a question, don't you have some donuts to eat or something?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts