Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys if I am only going 7psi on stock compression and injectors do I still need to tune the car or can I just drive it?

·
Torturing a W58...
260 Posts
Stock compression, stock injectors, and stock fuel management - you should be fine, though I'd look into a fuel upgrade ASAP. :sadance:

·
Flame Thrower
961 Posts
I plan on doing the same thing, stock HG, fuel, and compression at 8 psi for a couple weeks then a Walbro pump. Im goin to upgrade to a 2.5mm HG, 525 injectors and either a Apex-i SAFC or HKS AFR this winter! At around 15 psi I should be around 385whp on this small turbo til I upgrade my tranny then turbo.

·
Registered
402 Posts
go dyno with wide band to make sure not all cars react the same and who knows what if your fuel filter is slightly clogged? safety first and it will probrably be cheaper then a motor worst case scenario.

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
SealSupra-6 said:
Hey guys if I am only going 7psi on stock compression and injectors do I still need to tune the car or can I just drive it?
Yes, go tune it. You will like yourself more when you spent 150 to AFC tune your car than 700 to buy a new motor + install costs. I'm only running a hair over 5psi, stock compression, stock fuel, and I went to get my car tuned. You probably could be fine, but not if you actually want to have fun in it. You are still adding a decent amount more air to the cyliners, you need to get some fuel in there so you don't run too lean. Go tune the car, it's really not that safe to just drive around and boost the car without it being tuned...I would hate to see what your WOT A/F's are right now...

·
<.>
343 Posts
jokable1 said:
go dyno with wide band to make sure not all cars react the same and who knows what if your fuel filter is slightly clogged? safety first and it will probrably be cheaper then a motor worst case scenario.
Good words. It's not worth the risk not knowing if you are running too lean or rich on your initial set-up. If you want to be really cheap about it, just get a basic dyno run to see what your basic a/f ratio is when in boost. If you are somewhere between 10.5-12.5 you'll be fine (though these two numbers are in the extreme side of your safe zone).

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Tune...like they said above

1 - 10 of 10 Posts