Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im running BPU right now (BC, DP, intake, exhaust, BOV, and RPS clutch, flywheel....do I need to get a BCC or an Apexi SAFC fuel controller? I was talking to this guy down here in the Phoenix area, the shop is called "Dynocomp" and they said itll run about 600 bucks for the SAFC, installation and tuning, with an extra 50 hp at the end....does that sound about right? Guys, let me know what I can do as far as extracting the full potential of my BPU mods, not to mention getting jipped for my money...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Definitly, if you wnat your BPU to go far, bcc, ebc and the all essitental bov.

·
Banned
2,132 Posts
707supra said:
Im running BPU right now (BC, DP, intake, exhaust, BOV, and RPS clutch, flywheel....do I need to get a BCC or an Apexi SAFC fuel controller? I was talking to this guy down here in the Phoenix area, the shop is called "Dynocomp" and they said itll run about 600 bucks for the SAFC, installation and tuning, with an extra 50 hp at the end....does that sound about right? Guys, let me know what I can do as far as extracting the full potential of my BPU mods, not to mention getting jipped for my money...
safc will not yield 50 hp (unless there is something presently wrong with your car)
but an AEM will!!!

call sound performance and talk to them... they are great and will take the time to answer all your questions

·
what comes out the butt?
4,463 Posts
you definately need to get rid of boost cut....SAFC is a good piggyback controller, if you plan on going single soon though carlo, id also say get the AEM...

and to chris(car nut) .... stop with the newb moments!! bov isnt a performance mod -_- .... its a "make your turbos last longer and make lots of sound" mod...

-mike

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
Typical Car Nut said:
Definitly, if you wnat your BPU to go far, bcc, ebc and the all essitental bov.
:stickpoke stock BOV will work just fine. its not 'all essential' it will be fine as long as its not broke.

didnt he say he had one already anyway? :dunno:

·
Registered
356 Posts
you asked if you really need a BCC.. with yer mod's, you'll definitely break the boost cut barrier and yer supra will fall flat on it's face once you go over 12-14lbs!! a BCC is the first-most and best bang for the buck mod you can do to a BPU supra.. i got a greddy BCC from MVP for around $80, and took about an hour to install it, and make things look neat.

another mod that i found to be very good was the greddy 3 row FMIC - not only did it give my supra a good kick in the ass, but it puts my mind at ease as well, knowing that the air charge hitting the intake mani is cool enough, versus relying on the SMIC and possibly getting detonation at higher boost levels.

-jim

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
MaliCali said:
you definately need to get rid of boost cut....SAFC is a good piggyback controller, if you plan on going single soon though carlo, id also say get the AEM...

and to chris(car nut) .... stop with the newb moments!! bov isnt a performance mod -_- .... its a "make your turbos last longer and make lots of sound" mod...

-mike

So, the SAFC will NOT work as a boost cut controller on by itself? Or will i need both SAFC AND BCC? That will also go for the AEM, will I need both AEM and BCC, since the AEM re-programs? Im gonna have to do some reading on how to install the BCC myself, if its not too difficult.

·
what comes out the butt?
4,463 Posts
youll need a BCC with SAFC...

you wont need a BCC with AEM as AEM is a complete ECU change.....while like i said SAFC is just a piggy back...

BCC install is easy, its just splice to two wires connect once bcc wire to one ecu wire, connect two other bcc wires onto another wire...and then ground the final wire with a bolt...simple as shit...if you need help doing it though im sure neil or myself could easily give ya a hand..

-mike

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
707supra said:
So, the SAFC will NOT work as a boost cut controller on by itself? Or will i need both SAFC AND BCC? That will also go for the AEM, will I need both AEM and BCC, since the AEM re-programs? Im gonna have to do some reading on how to install the BCC myself, if its not too difficult.
no the safc will not subsitute as a bcc... an safc helps out alot when you have an aftermarket bov, it will help your car from running rich etc...

when you hit boost cut its something to do with electrical voltage, the bcc helps bypass this voltage so your cars diagnostic systems wont cut the boost, id get into more detail but im in class and cant type too much.

do some research on exactly what a bcc does.
also hit up www.mkiv.com, it has an install guideline with pics.

edit; damn mali beat me to it, but you should get the rough idea.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
SAFC is a fuel controller. BCC is a boost cut controller. They do entirely separate things. If you have an AEM, it replaces all of the aforementioned and your stock ECU. Have you been to www.mkiv.com yet?

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Damn, we all posted at the same time:p

·
Registered
176 Posts

·
CHP's prime suspect
404 Posts
since the bcc is not necessary with the AEM EMS, is it necessary with a MAP ECU?

·
CHP's prime suspect
404 Posts
i dont think the map ecu is a complete replacement of the stock ecu, therefore u will need a bcc? im confused

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
swearitsstock said:
map ecu is also a complete replacement...
Wrong. It is a piggyback

1 - 20 of 29 Posts