Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I just swapped out my 1JZ 370cc Injectors for JDM 2JZ 440 Injectors.

Is this clicking noise normal? I don't recall this happening with the 1JZ injectors. These are the PINK TOP VVTI Injectors.
https://youtu.be/eBpCsCdLG1M
Perhaps this is the sound of the injector hitting the fuel rail because the grommets aren't positioned correctly? I would hope not but if it is, I'll have to take the intake manifold off. I did it with it on this time.

Thank you.

EDIT: AFRs at idle indicate that they are fueling properly...started off 11:1 but ecu corrected up to about 14.5:1 but the clicking threw me off. I thought maybe it could be the fuel injectors hitting the fuel rail, which is bad I presume.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have a 93 RZ, non VVTI and mine do make a slight ticking sound, that rises with RPMs. Though I can't say for sure that is in fact the injectors. Is it audible from the drivers seat while driving? Mine is very faint unless you are specifically listening for it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 93 RZ, non VVTI and mine do make a slight ticking sound, that rises with RPMs. Though I can't say for sure that is in fact the injectors. Is it audible from the drivers seat while driving? Mine is very faint unless you are specifically listening for it.
Not from the driver's seat, no. I used a stethoscope and it is the injectors -- they click loudly while my valves made not a peep. You'd be surprised by how loud they are and I'm definitely sure it is them.

·
Registered
568 Posts
2JZ-GTE 440cc injectors clicks are a little loud. I was concerned when I first bought the car over 10 years ago when I had the bonnet (aka hood) open and the car was running then heard a Supra making the same clicking noise.

·
Registered
233 Posts
2JZ-GTE 440cc injectors clicks are a little loud. I was concerned when I first bought the car over 10 years ago when I had the bonnet (aka hood) open and the car was running then heard a Supra making the same clicking noise.
Mine are definitely noticeable if the hood is open, otherwise I can't tell very much

·
Registered
738 Posts
Thats pretty normal for the 440s. I put 250ml antifriction oil with lead with half tank of gas(yeap in the gas tank).That made them very silent for the next 3 years including my fuel pump until i put bigger injectors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts