Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I had bought a set of eagle rods. I had them balanced and they were off far more than the claimed +- 2 grams. Also the small end rod bearing had to be machined for the wrist pin to even fit.

Needless to say I sold them....

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
mike91t said:
I had bought a set of eagle rods. I had them balanced and they were off far more than the claimed +- 2 grams. Also the small end rod bearing had to be machined for the wrist pin to even fit.

Needless to say I sold them....

I've received a few questions on the problems I encounted with my eagle rods and want to clarify.

The rod small end needed machined because the tolerence was closer than the recommended tolerence from toyota and although the wrist pin fit, excessive drag could be felt when moving the piston back and fourth on the rod and my machine shop honed the bearing so that the fit was perfect.

My rods balanced at +-3 to 4 grams. They were balanced aftward to 0 gram difference.

I beleive these rods although cheaper, the buyer should be aware of possible machining for these rods to be the quality of others that cost 3x as much. Of course I had only $100 extra in the machining, I know alot of people buy parts and take the manufactures word for it;and install them without checking.

My carrillos for example needed balanced to when they were checked too though so :wtflol: :rolleyes:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.