Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Any car is reliable as long as you stay on top of it!! But as supra is a costly car to stay on top of, you have to look at your budget. I would say have a supra as a sec car not your mean car as you will want to add things to it and then its going to be down for a little bit ie. putting a turbo kit on. and things always take long then you think they will.

SUPRA is not a car to have if you are on a budget.

as for that car looks like a ok deal.

·
Registered
997 Posts
my friend is selling his wrx with a complete 6 speed swap from an sti and 18g turbo with everyhting to support it. its making 300awhp on 18 lbs if youir inetrested pm me. also the guy selling that supra keeps lowering his price so just hold on if you want that

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
Unless the seller has invoices to prove that the odometer has been moving since the day he has ownership to recent invoices (i.e Toyota service invoice will list the odometer reading), he's blowing smoke. For all I know, he could of drove it for an extra 50k miles. If seller can't prove his mileage, treat the car like a salvage title.

Of my experiences with cars with broken odometers:

1. Sellers will always either claim it just broke or pretend they didn't know.

2. Lack of paperwork to document their mileage history. Tip: It's a good idea to keep paperwork with odometer readings. Some motorsport shops do actually wirte down your ododmeter reading.

3. The car will run, but there is some gremlin waiting for you.

4. Check with Carfax, even if it does suck, at least they do a fair job tracking title changes with mileage. A good place to start and measure the a car with a broken odometer.

5. Check service records date carefully and the mileage. I have seen service records with a year differenace apart with the same mileage.

·
Banned
2,625 Posts
I agree with FLZ... I bought one before like this... its was nothing but a nightmare... Beware... Also I would take it to a reliable shop and have them look it over and do a compreesion test...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, it looks like a good buy. Remember though, looks can be deceiving. You can't judge a book by its cover. Flip open past the first few blank pages, and get to the table of contents. Read them carefully. Understand what's included in this owners manual. Skim over the introduction. Does it sound worth it? Don't answer yet. Keep reading. Hopefully it's one of those "pick your own endings" type of owner manuals, where you can decide the fate of your character. If you decide that this Supra isn't right for you, flip back a couple of pages and follow the other set of instructions. This route will tell a story of a highly reliable and rare vehicle that can drive under tractor trailers at very high speeds. Flip to the last page. If your character is still alive and kicking, buy the car. Write the sequel. It's a novel idea. It's called brainstorming. This is about Race Wars. Not the blacks versus the whites kind of race wars, but the put-your-money-where-your-mouth-is kind of Race Wars, where your Falken tires are kicking up immense amounts of desert dirt and leaving a trail of tears in your wake. You are champion. Put that shit into overdrive and take it home, my man. Don't pass up this opportunity. Buy this car. She was just admiring ... mah raaahde.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts